Shoe covers are the best way of keeping both shoes and floor surfaces clean. Shoe covers also prevent dirt from the shoe being spread across floor surfaces. This helps to prevent and control contamination in a number of industries from bakeries, to real estate agents, etc. They are frequently used by outdoor workers and businesses… such as contractors working on a home! This is to protect their shoes from moisture that can occur when shoes come into contact with water, mud, etc. The most popular type of shoe covers are reusable shoe covers, click here. The second most popular are disposable shoe covers. These are for single use and should be disposed of after one use. They are frequently made from light materials like plastic sheeting. Shoe covers are used in a number of industries including hospitals, bakeries, property viewings, decorating and crime scenes. They are an effective way to maintain hygiene standards in the food industry and to prevent the spread of germs in a hospital.
Why Use Shoe Covers?
Having shoe covers is a good decision for the people who are looking to keep hardwood, carpets and floor surfaces clean. They can help you to reach health and safety standards and prevent contamination through a workplace. Shoe covers are easily placed over shoes by hand. We prefer washable and reusable shoe covers for cost savings. Disposable shoe covers costs can add up ad they are usually only for individual use (or tear when attempting to reuse). There are many different types: plastic, paper and rubber. You should choose the material suitable for you according to your needs, depends on why and where you are wearing the disposable shoe covers. For example, for outside use… in wet places, rubber shoe covers should be worn as they are thicker and waterproof. Inside in a dry place, plastic or paper shoe cover should be worn as these will prevent contamination.
Types of Disposable Shoe Covers:
- Skid Resistant Disposable Shoe Covers – These Disposable shoe covers reduce slips, non-skid tread on the shoe cover soles provide extra traction and help to reduce falls. Lightweight spun bound material makes these disposable shoe covers light, comfortable and protective.
- Standard Reusable Shoe Covers – These Shoe Covers are made from spun bond polyblend, which are optimal for streching. It is the best choice for food handling, critical environments, construction, realtors, and general maintenance and industrial workers. These are normally used in carpeted areas and in food service spaces. They help to prevent dust, dirt, and germs from being spread into the area and keep the area clean.
- Water Resistant Disposable Shoe Covers – Contractors, Carpet cleaners and Medical Professionals prefer to wear water resistant shoe covers. This shoe cover protects your shoes against liquids. These are made from lint free polyethylene film, which is thicker than poly fabric. Its low polyethylene density film keeps costs down while affording protection from water-based liquids.
Reasons to Use Shoe Covers:
- To keep floor surfaces clean.
- To prevent outside dirt being brought inside.
- To prevent the spread of germs.
- To control the spread of muddy footprints through a busy floor area (i.e. an open house showing by brokers and real estate agents).
Reusable Shoe Covers VS Disposable Shoe Covers
Let’s discuss to determine which product will give you the best value for your money and requirements.
- Comparison of cost – According to cost, disposable paper and plastic shoe covers are cheaper to buy than reusable shoe covers. Disposable shoe covers costs add up in the long run MORE than the reusable shoe covers we tested.
- Durability – Disposable shoe covers do a decent job of holding up in conditions where a shoe is exposed to minimal amounts of dirt. The main problem faced by users of disposable shoe covers is that once they get wet, they are prone to tear. Reusable shoe covers are made with 100% neoprene polyblends, making them very durable and lightweight. They will not fall apart when exposed to wet conditions, and the elastic stretch in the neoprene keeps their form, so they fit your shoe properly every time you wear them.
- Functionality – Both the products offer the functional ability to protect floors against dirt and germs. Each product offers an elastically stretchable opening that allows for easy boot insertion and quick removal. Paper and plastic disposable shoe covers are generally slippery on surfaces. Neoprene reusable boot covers are both durable and washable and have the added safety benefit of a non-slip grip. The lightweight neoprene gives them an extra water resistant feature.
- Storage – One pair of disposable shoe covers is small and can easily fit into a workers pocket. The problem arises with where to keep the large supply box for months or a year worth of this product. By using a pair of reusable shoe covers, you can keep a single pair in your vehicle, and not worry about storage space.
- Environmental Impact – ‘Go Green’ has become a highly used slogan and trend. It just doesn’t make sense to use shoe covers that get thrown away after each use, when there are reusable, fully machine washable versions available.
When making a decision about what type of shoe covers to purchase, you should ensure that all the features fit your needs in relation to quality, and price. Our clear winner are reusable shoe covers.
What you must know before buying Shoe Covers
You paid a pretty penny for your shoes so they are worth protecting! Even if you got your shoes for a cheap price they are still worth protecting. You need your shoes for many reasons. They get you around and serve a basic but extremely needed purpose, they protect your feet! You want to keep your shoes in great condition and you want them to last for as long as you possibly can so what do you do? You take the time to get shoe covers!
These shoe covers are great for a wide variety of reasons. When the weather is rainy or you are walking in an area that has a lot of puddles and water it is good to wear these covers in order to protect your shoes. A popular type of shoe covers are disposable shoe covers. Disposable type covers are great because you can get a lot of them at very reasonable cost.
You have another option that is much more earth friendly. You can look for reusable shoe covers. Reusable covers are going to last a lot longer and will most likely do an even better job at protecting your shoes from harm.
There are other types of shoe covers as well; if you are working in a restaurant then you already know what rubber covers are. Rubber shoe covers are going to be slip resistant and help you to keep your balance as you walk on greasy or slippery surfaces. Rubber will grip the floor and make it easier for you to walk.
Do you like to go bowling? Protect your bowling shoes! Get bowling shoe covers!!
When Should I Wear Reusable Shoe Covers?
Choosing the best shoe cover depends on the workplace and the work you are doing. Do you need shoe covers to be non-slip or anti-skid? Should your shoe covers fit over your regular shoes? What are the work rules regarding shoe covers? All of these questions need to be answered in order to know which protective shoe covers you will need to buy and when you will need to wear them. There are many industries that use disposable shoe covers. Hospitals are one of the most well-known workplaces where employees are required to wear shoe covers. Other industries such as paint shops also require employees to wear protective shoe covers.
Our most common customers are REALTORS and CONTRACTORS. Keep your client’s floors clean with reusable shoe cover! The idea is to protect not only your shoes from damage, but to protect the workplace from debris that you can track in with your shoes. When you walk from where you parked your car to the workplace, you walk across dirt and grime which can stick to your shoes and be carried inside. Sensitive machines can be damaged by excess debris, so protective shoe coverings are worn to minimize that risk. Shoe covers need to be non-slip and the proper size. Wearing shoe covers that are too large will increase the risk of accidents. On the other hand, shoe covers that are too small may not completely cover the shoe. Wear shoe covers to protect your workplace, your shoes, and to keep you safe while you work.